If your oral hygiene habits list is devoid of flossing, make the change immediately to include dental floss as an everyday part of your life. The benefits of flossing come with a minimum investment of time along with a guarantee of cleaning your teeth better than you can by brushing alone. To improve your oral health overnight, begin by implementing the following tips in your daily care:
– Always use dental floss or a dental instrument that is ADA-approved or approved by your dentist at Healthy Smiles Dental Care™ of Flint.
– The amount of thread you need per sitting is approximately 18 inches in length. Wrap each end around a finger and move up and down the floss as necessary, always using a different section of the floss for each tooth.
– Try to include flossing in your daily oral health care habits by flossing at least once daily.
– Make sure to floss in every gap between every single tooth and behind the back teeth.
– To floss effectively, move your floss gently between each tooth in an up-and-down motion without pressing too hard on the gum line.
Are you having a difficult time finding or using the right floss and flossing tactics to clean your pearly whites? Would you like to schedule a thorough cleaning to ensure your teeth are well protected from gum disease and tooth decay? Please visit with Dr. Steven Rodriguez at our dentist office located in Flint, Michigan. To schedule your next appointment, please call 810-720-6433 to speak with a friendly member of our team. We look forward to making your smile as spectacular as it can be!